Who We are
Jeremiah Nyagah Technical Institute
Science, technology and innovation Is a vital tool for socio economic development of any country state or region. Many session papers have highlighted the need for science and technology as critical ingredients in the development agenda of our country. In both Sessional Paper No.10 of 1965 and Sessional Paper No.1 of 1986, Research, Science and Technology were identified as critical drivers of economic growth and development in the country.
The government established the Ministry of Science and Technology in December 2005 in an effort to improve co-ordination in the development and application of science and technology.
It is against this background that Rwika Technical Institute was established on a self-help basis in 1984 by the local community. The institution was later renamed Jeremiah Nyaga Technical Institute in recognition of the vital role the former minister, the late HON. DR. Jeremiah Mwaniki Nyaga played in the establishment of the institute. JNTI is situated approximately 15Km from Embu town and 2.5Km off Embu – Kiritiri main road in Mbeti Location, Gachoka Division, and Mbeere South Sub-County of Embu County.
JNTI boasts of over 30 years in the provision of technical and vocational education and training to Kenyans from all walks of life in the country equipping them with the requisite skills and capabilities that enable them earn a living and also make meaningful contributions to the country. JNTI has over the years grown significantly in terms of physical infrastructure, courses offered, student enrollment and curriculum development consistent with its status as a technical training and vocational institute
- Provide quality technical, vocational and entrepreneurship training for effective and sustainable nation building.
- Provide, directly or in collaboration with other institutions of higher learning, facilities for technical trainers in technological, professional, scientific education.
- Participate in technological innovation and in the discovery, transmission and enhancement of knowledge for economic, social, cultural, scientific and technological development.
- Contribute to industrial and technological development of Kenya, in collaboration with the industry and other organizations, through transfer of technology.
- Develop an institution with excellence in teaching, training, scholarship, entrepreneurship, research, consultancy, community service, among other educational services and products, with emphasis on technology and its development in Kenya.
- Advance knowledge and its practical application by research and other means, the dissemination of outcomes of research by various means and the commercial exploitation of research results.
- Foster the general welfare of all staff and trainees.
- Provide programmers, products and services in ways that reflect the principles of equity and social justice.